[clue] Budding SW Engineers

Bruce Ediger bediger at stratigery.com
Tue May 8 17:14:37 MDT 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012, lsawyer at scsdenver.com wrote:

> I've had over the last couple of years. I'm just wondering if there are
> books anyone knows of that can teach in a entertaining manner. Perhaps by
> creating fun little programs one can use immediately. Perhaps some type of

As I recall, "The Python Cookbook" had quite a few of those things,
depending on how nerdy you are.  Each recipe had a pretty detailed
explanation, but it didn't progress in difficulty, it just threw
everything out there.

The original "Programming Pearls" book had material like that, I haven't
read the 2nd edition, but I'd guess it's the same.  Each chapter was
self-contained.