[clue] Blog.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed May 23 22:57:35 MDT 2012

Jim Ockers wrote:
> Couldn't you use an instance Joomla on your Linux box for your blog? It's not exactly easy peasy but
> once you get the hang of it, it works great...

I could but:

- PHP
- MySQL
- not git

To me a VCS seems like a much better back end than a RDBMS for a blog/wiki.  There are plenty of
examples that are functional and attractive.  Versioning is to me a necessary feature.  Although a
DB might make sense for relating comments/attachments/stuff it seems easier to add that to a VCS
than to build a VCS in a DB.

For what I think of in blog/wiki, LAMP and CMS are so much overkill.

I didn't mention that I probably won't use Apache, but I probably won't.  (I do need to think about
a non-tech user friendly wiki, which might not be ikiwiki, and therefor might require Apache.  But
I'm going to try to avoid that.)