[clue] Blog.

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Thu May 24 09:20:02 MDT 2012

With using a VCS back end you are creating an interesting scenario.  Now
either your first tier, the web server, needs to know about your VCS client
and sync up on command or automatically or you push changes yourself.
 While offering revision control, this isn't beyond the realm of a common
LAMP stack either.  Even Drupal can be setup to track revisions to articles.

One of the reasons I like a DB backed page is that content is just content.
 You can easily pull in bits and pieces as needed.  There is no need to
combine it all into a final product before publishing to the public.  Of
course this seriously ups complexity.

As for VCS, I guess I just don't envision a middle tier existing in this
scenario at all.  Your web service just provides static pages at this
point.

In anycase, I'll keep my eyes open on this subject, I enjoy watching a new
paradigm unfold in this space.

Dan