[clue] Suggesting a New Approach

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Nov 22 23:35:14 MST 2012

After some reflection, I want to point out two inaccuracies in your message:

M Paul Webb wrote:
> Currently, Installfests are at two locations

Installfests are not currently being held because we have no one to supervise them.  All it would
take is a willingness to show up and be responsible for the condition of the facilities, and some
interest in learning who our contacts are and how to schedule and advertise in the future.  We have
successfully taught people how to do that in less than an hour.  But we currently have no one so
they are not happening.

> and the cost of [...] having pizza and drinks can actually be a prohibitive element for some

Have you ever been to one of our installfests?  Pizza and drinks are Free.  You can have what you
want and contribute what you want.  All you have to do is get out of your chair and get pizza.  And
perhaps tell the guy with change that you want a drink.  David Willson did a great job inventing
Free Lunch.  Are there people who don't participate because they think we have taboos that make it
other than what is advertised?