[clue] git and other miscellaneous topics, meeting on 121009 at McAfee.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Oct 2 20:47:22 MDT 2012

Well, we're one week out from our Oct meeting and I didn't send out the meeting ideas I picked up
last time.  So it goes without saying that I didn't arrange anyone to speak either.

But we will have a meeting.  Those of you who know me know that I can talk for an hour without
preparation, slides, or a topic.  So do everyone a favor, bring your own ideas so nobody has to
listen to me again. :-)

One thing I can talk about that might almost be interesting is the work I did to move our web site
code into git.  So come ask questions about any of that.

Things that were mentioned last time:

- Home backups.  It might be nice to have a series of people show "how to do foo" using their
favorite backup tool.  If any of you are doing backups.

- More about setup and use of the clustered file system Shawn demo'd with Proxmox last month.

- Along the lines of our VM series, how to manage all the VMs you can make now that it's so easy.
(And perhaps that leads us to using the cloud for fun and profit--I've seen people set up build
servers so that everyone attending a bug squashing party has a place to build their modified
packages that Just Works.)

I'll also have to mention Westernaires because their show is coming up the last weekend of the
month.  You should check them out and drop what you're doing to go.  It's well worth seeing and very
affordable.

See you next week!