[clue] Proxmox talk.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Sep 12 19:09:43 MDT 2012

Shawn gave a good demo of proxmox, from install through usage, including redundant storage.  He also
answered a lot of questions so I think everyone learned something.

Shawn had 2 servers running proxmox in a cluster.  Each had storage backed by the other using dbrd.
  He was able to demo migrating a running VM from one server to the other and back.

A lot of what he talked about was related to providing reliability.  Being able to move a running
(or even recently running) server to a different set of hardware is a handy thing if you have
hardware issues, or even upgrades to deal with.  Shawn obviously relies on that capability in his work.

Having an easy front end is a good thing too though--in a test or lab environment it makes keeping
track of what's where a snap, including the install images you build VMs from.

We had the usual 5-ish of us at Noodles before the meeting but were pretty light at On the Rox
after.  The Rockies were losing anyway though so no one missed much.

See you next time!