[clue] Website and git.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Wed Sep 26 22:16:56 MDT 2012

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> I also set up a gitorious account for CLUE.

The web site archive has been sanitized and pushed to gitorious.  You can get your very own copy with:

git clone git://gitorious.org/clue/web.git clue

which will make a directory called clue with the code in it.

Things to do next:

- Find a speaker for Oct and update the web site.  (I should be doing that instead of playing with git.)

- Figure out how to accept patches from other people.  I guess you could make yourself a clone on
gitorious and send me pull requests there.  I'm sure there are lots of other ways to do it.  If
github provides something compelling I'd be happy to hear about it.

- Document how to run the code for yourself.  INSTALL contains some info that may be out of date so
that should be fixed.  You'll need something that runs PHP but otherwise I don't think it would be
that hard--it just isn't quite step by step.  If you figure it out and patch INSTALL I'll play along
with you.

- Update the server script to use gitorious instead of CVS to update the site.  The script is in
bin/publish.sh.  I'm not sure how much of that approach we want to take but I think I'd like to set
up ssh for the apache user so sudo isn't required.

Lots of other nits but we'll see if these big ones get done.