[clue] Cluster load balancing.

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Mon Apr 1 18:19:39 MDT 2013

Will a tiny VPS work?  I have 128M/5G/250G from Front Range Hosting for
 $2/mo.

DNS round robin is about as reliable as any global load balancing scheme.
 The main technical problem is that you cannot control client caching.  So
that means multiple A record responses are needed. And that means that you
don't have anything like fine control over where traffic goes.

I'll happily donate an RPI in my basement to the cause, or chip in to
buy additional cheap VPS services.