[clue] CLUE speaker coordinator.

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 17:08:15 MDT 2013

The way we handled this at the IT Pro Forum was there was a group of 3-4
people (the founders) who were responsible for keeping things rolling.
Finding and scheduling speakers, sending announcements, sending out and
archive slide decks, and if a speaker couldn't make it for whatever reason,
filling in themselves with some topic saved for the occasion. That last bit
is why Hal, Matt, and myself appeared so many times on the speaker list.

Having multiple people involved helped keep it from becoming "work", and
our combined networks helped make sure that we kept coming up with speakers
consistently. Everyone involved also appreciated having things scheduled
out months at a time for the most part.

Anyway, something to consider. It worked for us.

I wouldn't mind filling that role again at some point, but I feel like the
group and I should get to know each other better before that happens.