[clue] SFS presents: Build your own RT server with Troy Ridgley

Mark G. Harvey markgharvey at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 23:41:02 MDT 2013

David,

Setting up RT looks like a very practical & useful exercise.

Beyond having a Linux VM set up, how much else needs to be up & running prior to the start of the exercise?  Are the chosen web server & database to be installed and running or is that part of the RT installation exercise?

http://bestpractical.com/rt/requirements.html

Operating system:Linux, Mac OS X server, FreeBSD, Solaris, or another Unix-like operating system
Database:MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle
Web server:Apache, Lighttpd, nginx, or any other server which supports FastCGI

My choice of the above would be SLES / openSUSE, PostgreSQL, & Lighttpd or nginx

SFS ... need a map or address.

Thanks!