[clue] BIOS password clears?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 06:52:13 MDT 2013

We're having some trouble getting past a badly set BIOS password at my
work.  I've tried booting it to backup UEFI as well as the jumper password
reset, as well as all known passwords and combinations of passwords.  It's
an IBM x240 compute node. I'm trying to clear the administrator password on
the BIOS, and I know this is a hail mary at best, but I tried pulling the
CMOS battery.   (Frankly, I'm not even confident that BIOS/UEFI even works
like that anymore, but I'm running out of ideas short of calling IBM and
that's never fun.)   Any suggestions?

Mike