[clue] File sharing.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Dec 20 14:38:16 MST 2013

marcus hall wrote:

> But, if you have ssh access, wouldn't scp work just as well??  OK, so if
> maybe you have to add a user for the person on the remote system, but is
> that really all that diffcult?

Yes, it is.  I have a cool file you just have to see, can you set me up?

So in my case I could give you a public key for my login, I can use SCP, and I probably won't look
for local exploits while I'm there.

What if I don't have a key--will you email me the password?

What if I don't know what SSH is?

FileTea is as easy as click add in your browser, send the link, I download the link.  The downside
is that the data and IP addresses go through their server.

The nice thing about this script is that it doesn't seem to require anything but SSH on the server
and provides its own web server, so you don't have to install your own FileTea.

But there are other ways to do the same thing, especially if you're looking at WebRTC already:
http://www.joachim-breitner.de/blog/archives/634-My-contribution-to-XKCDs-949-is-not-needed.html