[clue] media server/NAS build

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Dec 30 22:36:25 MST 2013

Dennis J Perkins wrote:
> Add an email server if you want to keep your email private and secure.  (The
> govt seems to think email left on the Internet is not private.)  I know a few
> people in the group are Zimbra fans, but I don't know what it would be like to
> set up.

I wonder how secure it is.  But I would probably tunnel it anyway.

I have a TWiki server, which isn't supported on Debian anymore.  Occasionally people sign up for
accounts who I don't know.  They usually don't complete the registration so the point seems to be to
put spam on the user profile page, since no captchas are used.  Sometimes people do complete the
registration but since the password mechanism is broken they can't log in after that.

But I wouldn't want the general public banging on my mail archive.