[clue] A speaker for next week.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri Feb 8 09:41:58 MST 2013

Chris Hirsch wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2013, at 2:33 PM, "David L. Willson"<DLWillson at TheGeek.NU>  wrote:
>>
>> And/or book my friend and co-worker Lance Johnston to talk about Jenkins.
>>
> I can present and even better I can co-present with Lance. Do you know what the original speaker had in mind for Jenkins?

Chris, would you please plan to present?  And if you can work with David to get Lance lined up as
well that would be great.  I'm out of pocket this weekend so I won't be able to talk to Lance in
time (if it isn't already too late).

The other speaker is someone who implemented Jenkins alongside an "official" CM process so he'd have
an easy, repeatable way to get the software he needed.  Over time it absorbed the official process
and was expanded to include other kinds of automation (like deployment) and improved communication
(through various notifications and status boards).

So I imagine going to work at a new company that does all the same kinds of things you do now but
had never heard of Jenkins.  Over beers I'd tell my boss, "Are you nuts?  Why aren't you using
Jenkins for that?" (of course you'd have to be more polite in the office than over beers).

The talk I'd like is the one that convinces my new boss that we should use Jenkins.  In other words,
what kinds of things would make you tear your hair out and say "Jenkins is a much better way to do
that"?  And how does Jenkins make those kinds of things go away.

Does that help?  If not then give the talk about Jenkins that you'd want to hear.

Thanks!