[clue] A speaker for next week.

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Fri Feb 8 10:08:52 MST 2013

> Chris, would you please plan to present?  And if you can work with David to get Lance lined up as
> well that would be great.  I'm out of pocket this weekend so I won't be able to talk to Lance in
> time (if it isn't already too late).

Yeah I can plan on it.

> The other speaker is someone who implemented Jenkins alongside an "official" CM process so he'd have
> an easy, repeatable way to get the software he needed.  Over time it absorbed the official process
> and was expanded to include other kinds of automation (like deployment) and improved communication
> (through various notifications and status boards).

We kinda went though some of the same stuff at the Denver office. Jenkins is now our official build tool of choice.

> So I imagine going to work at a new company that does all the same kinds of things you do now but
> had never heard of Jenkins.  Over beers I'd tell my boss, "Are you nuts?  Why aren't you using
> Jenkins for that?" (of course you'd have to be more polite in the office than over beers).
>
> The talk I'd like is the one that convinces my new boss that we should use Jenkins.  In other words,
> what kinds of things would make you tear your hair out and say "Jenkins is a much better way to do
> that"?  And how does Jenkins make those kinds of things go away.
>
> Does that help?  If not then give the talk about Jenkins that you'd want to hear.

I'll see what I can throw together to "pitch" Jenkins.

The only thing I don't have yet is how to integrate Jenkins with a Pi + Lava Lamp (or cool device of choice)