[clue] NFS error log in AIX?

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:52:33 MST 2013

Hi all, seeking some advice.  I'm having trouble with a mount on an AIX
box, the NFS server is denying permission/access, even though I have the IP
specifically set in the line in /etc/exports, and set for root access.

directory -sec=(various):dh,rw,root=(IP address)

Unfortunately, AIX doesn't seem to log to /var/log like the rest of us
mortals.   What reading I've done suggests that it buries it somewhere in
errpt.   Does anyone know how to get the NFS error information out of errpt?

Bean