[clue] Linux Resume Help

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 22:25:04 MDT 2013

I've never really been the hiring decision, but I'll chime in if only to
back David up.  I was in crisis mode last summer, because I'd lost my job
in unplanned fashion, but I did hear from at least a few sources that I did
make an impression, as to the why, it was usually tied to the fact that I
knew exactly what I wanted and how I was going to try to achieve it.   You
could argue that sometimes it bites you in the butt,  because if you're in
self-preservation mode, maybe you don't get the callback strictly because
they feel like the job doesn't fit your goals,  but it's a risk you take.
 I don't know that I agree with david about EVERYTHING.  To me "bullshit
solution" is perfectly acceptable, but I can testify that most of the
interviews I went on, seemed to expect me to fall into the "I just want a
job" trap, and thus were a little bit taken back when I was able to speak
with some sincerity about my goals and about what I'm trying to do to
(hopefully) achieve them.