[clue] open source router firmwares

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 13:42:53 MST 2013

I thought it might be a code issue.  Same thing happened to me about five
or six months back, but I'd lost my job and for reasons which are obvious,
wasn't quite as willing to just get a replacement.  So I fiddled with it
for a while and reset it to factory defaults, and it stabilized out again
up until this week.  I suspect the hardware's fine, it's just getting into
some sort of weird loop condition where it can't hold a connection for more
then a few seconds.  Linksys doesn't have a firmware update for that model,
but I remembered listening to security now, where they mentioned the open
source firmwares as a good alternative (in re the UPnP vulnerability).

Mike