[clue] Linux (Ubuntu) and Thinkpad T430

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Mon May 13 10:56:59 MDT 2013

Sounds like an Optimus setup. Support for those is spotty and very new. My
understanding is that in order to get decent performance out of it you need
to boot into Windows and manually put it in "performance" mode so it uses
Nvidia setup no matter what, and then boot into Linux and treat it as if
were just a standard NVidia setup. But, all this is in flux. Here's a
recent article on Optimus in Ubuntu:

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/04/nvidia-releases-linux-graphics-drivers.html