[clue] Group buy for BeagleBoneBlack , RBPi and accessories

YES NOPE9 yes at nope9.com
Fri May 31 21:22:15 MDT 2013

The terms of use below are from...

http://circuitco.com/support/index.php?title=BeagleBoneBlack

Terms of Use

You may use the Beaglebone Black as you choose. However, we do not support the use of the board in commercial products.The reasons for this are very simple.
We did not design the board for use in your product. We cannot therefore guarantee that it will work in all cases and over the full  range of operation you expect.
We have had instances where people have done this and returned 25% of their purchases saying they would not work. Either the boards worked perfectly once received, or they had been blown up.
This adds to our costs and puts a burden on our RMA operation. It also takes away from our production capacity. We do not want to see our distributors run out of boards because someone is buying up the inventory.
We are here for the community and we want to keep costs as low as possible to support the community. We are not looking for someone to by a 1,000 boards so we can brag about how many we have sold. If you decide to go ahead and do this, then the warranty will be void as a result and no RMA support will be provided on the product.
All design materials are Open Source and easily accessible. Everything is provided to build your own board. You can make changes as needed or use it as is. It is your product when you use these materials. There are resources available that can assist you in this effort if needed.

There is one exception to this. You may use the board in a product if we approve its use in the design and have access to all design material for our review. The use of the board must be visible to the end user and the use of the board must be part of the product advertising.We view this as a value add arrangement. These arrangements are VERY limited and we will be VERY selective in engaging in these arrangements. The decision to engage or not is our decision.

Board Shipments

We have shipped a total 22,168 boards to date. As more boards ship, the number will be updated.