[clue] Owners DB?

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 11:40:39 MST 2013

Not sure if your - in "free-libre" is an "and" or an "or", and so....

Spiceworks should be able to be made to do what you describe. It's free
(not libre) and is windows only (though it seems to mostly be a packaging
libre cross-platform products under the hood, aside from UI elements and
their network discovery special sauce), and has the added bonus of that it
can scan your network and do most of your initial discovery and updating
for you.

It's not a perfect tool for the filesystems thing, but the server thing I
know it can do, and easily.