[clue] ubuntu upgrading

Dan Babb cerberus at dividebyfail.org
Tue Sep 10 21:31:36 MDT 2013

You can try using something that mate supports -
http://mate-desktop.org/install/ YMMV on this. I've personally run into a
ton of issues with it that have probably been addressed already - I just
decided to jump on a tiling WM instead of finding a standard user interface
that worked exactly like I wanted. My dad uses mate and swears by it, he
helps admin a bunch of his friends systems and they all use Mate and no
complaints from that camp. I think Linux Mint has a mate version out of the
box, mate itself has a bunch of repo's for various distro's. Mate is about
as close to hitting Gnome2 as you're going to get short of installing
gentoo which comes with gnome2 out of the box last time I checked. Try Mate
out, or Consort, cinnamon has a gnome 2 feel with some of the gnome 3
goodies. I for one am going to stick with my tiling WM cause I'm just bone
headed and really can't be bothered to adjust my workflow one more time :)