[clue] OT(ish) - HVAC Control

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Sep 25 09:30:50 MDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-25 at 08:59 -0600, Quentin Hartman wrote:
> I ended up pulling the trigger on the CT-80 from Radio Thermostats
> last night: http://www.radiothermostat.com/control.html ... I also
> like that it can be upgraded to also have Zigbee or Z-wave
> connectivity at some point. I'm shocked at how inexpensive those
> Venstar units seem to be.

It took me awhile to find references to the Z-Wave support, but they
list them under Partners.  They also say they sell Z-Wave USNAP modules
for the thermostat, but only in lots of 10.  That's nice for contractors
but not for home owners.

I wonder if you could buy the empty USNAP plastic and add a 3rd party
Z-wave board?  Since I just installed an IRIS system at my house I'm now
prowling around looking for other Z-Wave stuff I can throw at it.

--
Michael J. Hammel                                    Principal Software Engineer
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                           http://graphics-muse.org