[clue] impersonation

Wed Apr 23 06:03:09 MDT 2014

What has Cloudera done, if they're not using HDFS ACL's?

>> The simple solution is to use Cloudera 5.0 which supports a better permissions system than stock
>> unix perms.
>
> HDFS has ACLs in 2.4.  But you knew that.

Yes, and if they worked anywhere near as good as what Cloudera has implemented, I would have recommended them. But thus far the performance hit is noticeable and the CLI management of them is cumbersome at best. Now I will admit that I have only been playing with the ACLs over the past three days, but if you have had different results I would love to hear about them.

1200 users
1.1Pb of data
31 groups
about 170k files

Kind regards,
Raymond
For information, account preferences, or to unsubscribe see: