[clue] Half height PCI SATA?

Aaron D. Johnson adj at fnord.greeley.co.us
Mon Feb 3 15:20:47 MST 2014

Quentin Hartman writes:
> I'm having a helluva time finding one of these. At least two
> internal ports. More ports, internal or external, would be a nice
> bonus, but not required.

A careful look at the detail pictures for
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816115030 will
show you a low profile mounting bracket.  (Look at the big picture
that shows the cables.)

Another option might be something like eBay item 370779161625.  This
is a PCI-X (64-bit) card.  A lot of PCI-X cards will plug into and
work with a 32-bit PCI slot.  If you don't like the RAID firmware on
these, I've seem numerous forum articles on converting them from IR
(integrated RAID) to IT (initiator target) firmware.  Note that you'll
need cables to break out the 4-port connectors on these cards to
single SAS/SATA data cables for your drives.

HTH

- Aaron