[clue] 7/8 meeting.

Chris Hirsch chris at base2technology.com
Sun Jul 13 16:36:12 MDT 2014

On 7/13/14 3:15 PM, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> I hope someone will post a review, opinion, or commentary on Kendra's talk last week.  I'd really
> like to know how it went and whether it would be worth doing again.

My take on it was that it went well. TekSystems did a quick intro of
Kendra and ? (name is escaping me) and then did a quick who is
TekSystems and why you should use them in the future. Mainly though it
was more of a health of the industry and things the industry is looking
for. Virtualization is quite hot as are Admins who can code and Software
Engineers who can admin...they were both more from the admin side so
they didn't speak a lot toward pure development. We clued them into
containerization and Docker.

The main BIG takeway was that they brought *good* pizza and *free* beer.
The best part is that they want to sponsor future CLUE meetings by
bringing pizza and beer and maybe doing a brief hello at the beginning
and networking with people. This also brought up the meetups idea
because that is how they have been finding out about the Puppet meetup
downtown.

I think that about sums things up from my point of view. Comments?