[clue] Raytheon in aurora hiring

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 20:33:55 MDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>
wrote:

> Mike Bean wrote:

<snip>

> (Kinda makes me think I should quit putting off the paperwork for getting
> > my clearance.)
>
> Yes, you should.  It's tedious but isn't hard and you want to be able to
> go for any job when your
> current project winds down.  If nothing else it makes you more competitive
> with the competition,
> which allows you more choice of jobs bargaining power.
>
> Willson doesn't work for Raytheon so he's out of luck.  Don't wind up like
> him because you were lazy
> (even if that would be a big step up).

Dave's right. If you're already working for contractors who require
clearances, don't pass up the opportunity to have them get a clearance for
you. And, usually, the higher the better. If you're working for one of the
contractors already you're already half in; go ahead and give yourself the
opportunity to make those other choices when they come up. (Of course, if
you don't want the headaches with living in the secure world, don't get
one.)

If I ever get to CLUE again we could run a "so you think you want a
clearance" lightning talk. :)

Andrew Diederich
andrewdied at gmail.com