[clue] Installfest Status?

M Paul Webb hsechmvt at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 15:42:28 MDT 2014

Phillip,

I do not know really what the problem is -- but I think everyone is just too busy. I had suggested a different approach, but.... Then, I offered to help run one, and I outlined what I was able to do, considering physical limitations due to an injury, but Dave just let the e-mails drop, without responding further.

Actually, my real interest in Linux is to help other people have the experience. All this other stuff they converse about looks interesting, but I don't know how I could work in the time for it, or what I could do with it. I've been very busy lately, with some special projects, but I hope to slow down in a couple years.

Actually, my primary interest is Ubuntu. It's just the OS I like a lot. Maybe, I should think about starting a Ubuntu group -- not that I have the time, but I think it is important. However, my problem is that I am self-taught on computers; so it's the other guys who are the real experts. But it might be nice to get a room at the local library (which does computer classes anyway), and have periodic sessions just to discuss the OS or Linux in general.

Paul

 Too bad I loved attendig
 installfests and meeting poeple willing to try a new OS.

 Now the club almost allways handles topics above a newbies
 skill level and interests.

 I miss the days when we had the KISS sessions.
 On Mar 29, 2014 9:16
 AM, "M Paul Webb" <hsechmvt at yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 Hi Truman,

 It seems like the group just does not do install feasts
 anymore. What do you want to install?? About the only thing
 I spend time with anymore is Ubuntu. I could maybe help you
 with that, if you are not too far away. However, a new one
 is coming out in three weeks. Usually, I install the new
 ones about 30 days after release, but the reviews on the
 Beta are that this 14.04 is already extremely stable.

 Paul

 On Sat, 3/29/14, tshiatt <tshiatt at 10hz.net>