[clue] Installfest Status?

Gary A. Romero garomero at thegeek.nu
Sat Mar 29 16:14:25 MDT 2014

|Phillip said:
|"Now the club almost allways handles topics above a newbies
| skill level and interests.
|
|I miss the days when we had the KISS sessions."

CLUE is run by volunteer(s), if you want a lower skill level topic, please feel free to step up and present one for the group.

|Truman said:
|"I'm new to the group. I noticed the home page has a link to the '2012 Calendar', and the next Installfest is scheduled for 03MAR12. Have I |arrived too late?"

Truman, Install Fests are run by volunteers and are always popular but it's really hard to find people to host them. If you'd like to run one, please let us know!.

|Paul said:
|"Actually, my primary interest is Ubuntu. It's just the OS I like a lot. Maybe, I should think about starting a Ubuntu group -- not that I have |the time, but I think it is important. However, my problem is that I am self-taught on computers; so it's the other guys who are the real |experts. But it might be nice to get a room at the local library (which does computer classes anyway), and have periodic sessions just to |discuss the OS or Linux in general."

Paul, Colorado already has an Ubuntu Local User group (CoLoCo). They just recently started ramping up their activity again. Feel free to hit up Emma Marshal at the following list of links:

http://coloco.ubuntu-rocks.org/
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-us-co/
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105353084920339632172/posts
https://twitter.com/ColoradoLoco