[clue] Installfest Status?

Sat Mar 29 17:48:03 MDT 2014

M Paul,

Help us help you help us. What's your passion?

Thanks for the links. Hmmm--- Geeks Who Drink. It seems that Linux is always done with alcohol involved. Personally, it is always my preference not to drink alcohol in public places. I think I have to give up trying to help out with Linux... unless I could somehow stumble on something that is just basic or bland. Unlikely, I think...

Paul

|Phillip said:
|"Now the club almost allways handles topics above a
newbies
| skill level and interests.
|
|I miss the days when we had the KISS sessions."

CLUE is run by volunteer(s), if you want a lower skill level
topic, please feel free to step up and present one for the
group.

|Truman said:
|"I'm new to the group. I noticed the home page has a link
to the '2012 Calendar', and the next Installfest is
scheduled for 03MAR12. Have I |arrived too late?"

Truman, Install Fests are run by volunteers and are always
popular but it's really hard to find people to host them. If
you'd like to run one, please let us know!.

|Paul said:
|"Actually, my primary interest is Ubuntu. It's just the OS
I like a lot. Maybe, I should think about starting a Ubuntu
group -- not that I have |the time, but I think it is
important. However, my problem is that I am self-taught on
computers; so it's the other guys who are the real |experts.
But it might be nice to get a room at the local library
(which does computer classes anyway), and have periodic
sessions just to |discuss the OS or Linux in general."

Paul, Colorado already has an Ubuntu Local User group
(CoLoCo). They just recently started ramping up their
activity again. Feel free to hit up Emma Marshal at the
following list of links:

http://coloco.ubuntu-rocks.org/
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-us-co/
https://plus.google.com/u/0/105353084920339632172/posts
https://twitter.com/ColoradoLoco

Gary (Garheade) Romero

SFS Presence Monkey (http://sofree.us)
Bodhi Linux Documentation Lead (http://bodhilinux.com)

GARomero at TheGeek.nu
Cell: 303-895-6696
For information, account preferences, or to unsubscribe
see:

For information, account preferences, or to unsubscribe see: