[clue] Installfest Status?

M Paul Webb hsechmvt at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 20:23:29 MDT 2014

Truman,

Yep, trying Ubuntu with a bunch of different wireless adapters is fun.

Ubuntu works very nice on a Thinkpad, which is my favorite computer.

I'm sure Linux can be most beneficial to your business clients.

Good luck to you!

Paul

     Hi, Paul.

       I have recently installed Ubuntu on an old Dell
 Dimension, and
       have been starting to use it for a few tasks connected
 to my
       business. I'm surprised (and impressed) that it
 recognized and
       manages the small USB Wi-Fi adapter I had handy.

       Last night I set up Slackware on an IBM Thinkpad.
 I'm planning on
       researching and documenting each step of the way with
 this. I
       worked at an ISP in the 90's, and had a bit of
 exposure to Linux
       then. Now I'm becoming more interested as Win XP
 machines will
       soon have few options to remain viable. My thoughts
 are to steer
       some of my clients to Linux, if it meets their needs
 and
       abilities.

       My motivation is to prepare for an online course
 I'll be engaged
       with towards the end of summer that's being offered at no charge.
 (The details
       are here:
       http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/2400-introduction-to-linux-course-will-be-free-and-online-this-summer/
       .)

       The CLUE group messages I've read reflect a warm,
 inviting
       community. I'm looking forward to meeting the
 members and learning
       about Linux.

       Regards,

       Truman