[clue] Installfest Status?

tshiatt tshiatt at 10hz.net
Sat Mar 29 17:52:44 MDT 2014

Hi, Paul.

I have recently installed Ubuntu on an old Dell Dimension, and have been
starting to use it for a few tasks connected to my business. I'm
surprised (and impressed) that it recognized and manages the small USB
Wi-Fi adapter I had handy.

Last night I set up Slackware on an IBM Thinkpad. I'm planning on
researching and documenting each step of the way with this. I worked at
an ISP in the 90's, and had a bit of exposure to Linux then. Now I'm
becoming more interested as Win XP machines will soon have few options
to remain viable. My thoughts are to steer some of my clients to Linux,
if it meets their needs and abilities.

My motivation is to prepare for an online course I'll be engaged with
towards the end of summer that's being offered at no charge. (The
details are here:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/2400-introduction-to-linux-course-will-be-free-and-online-this-summer/
.)

The CLUE group messages I've read reflect a warm, inviting community.
I'm looking forward to meeting the members and learning about Linux.

Regards,

Truman