[clue] Yahoo DMARC breaks mailing lists.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sat May 3 20:15:01 MDT 2014

David L. Anselmi wrote:
> A number of CLUE subscribers had their accounts disabled due to a change in Yahoo DMARC policy.  See:

So I wonder.  A Yahoo user posted a reply, which is held for moderation as expected.  The difference
with this latest message is that it has a DKIM header, which the message that started this nonsense
did not.

If I let that message through, and the DKIM validates, then it won't bounce.  If I had time to look
I could predict whether it would validate based on what the signature covers (the article above says
that mailing lists change things that break the signature but that claim is probably worth verifying
for our case).

Or I could figure out how to watch for bounces, let the message through, and see what happens.

It's amazing how much having a job gets in the way. :-)