[clue] Btsync

Dennis J Perkins dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Sun May 18 12:09:05 MDT 2014

I started trying btsync on Friday.  It worked on my phone, tablet and work (Windows) computer, but not on Arch Linux.  It turns out Arch is very locked down.  I had to add an iptables rule to make it work.  That meant choosing a port instead of allowing btsync to choose one randomly.

Some people advocate against using upnp.  Apparently there was a upnp vulnerability in a lot of routers.  It's off by default in my router anyway.

I plan to test various settings a bit more.