[clue] Another Install Fest, June 7, 1:30 p.m.

M Paul Webb hsechmvt at yahoo.com
Sat May 17 08:56:42 MDT 2014

We are doing another
install fest. No one bit anyone at the May 3rd fest. In fact,
everyone just acted like old friends. One woman even brought in home
baked muffins with chocolate chips. However, a cat was there, who
just did not want to be bothered.

It is at the
Concoctory, 1875 South Broadway – on the west side, two buildings north of Jewell. (I parked on Jewell,
east of Broadway, in the second block, and it was easy).

We are starting at
1:30, because the Software Freedom School is going on until 1:00, and
we want a half hour to arrange the furniture. Remember, that is on Saturday, June 7.

Did anyone try to
install in Ubuntu 14.04 the Gentium font I mentioned the last time?
It does not go in with the Software Center using the .deb package.
However, I will show you two real easy ways to install it, using a
tar.gz package. Or I can just copy it into your system from a thumb
stick real fast. If you downloaded the Free Version of Softmaker, 2008, to have the font, only one of the install methods works.

   SoftMaker FreeOffice :: A full-featured office suite off...
FreeOffice - a free office suite | ein kostenloses Officepaket
View on www.freeoffice.com Preview by Yahoo

Even if you are not
into DTP, do not pass up having for free a professionally designed
font like Gentium. Use it for important documents, like resumes, to
really stand out when it is important.