[clue] Security+ exam prep?

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Thu May 15 06:56:25 MDT 2014

A bunch of folks at work need to get security+ certificates pretty soon.
How have others studied for it? Is it the kind of thing you just get the
500 page book and read through it that weekend, or have you seen that
people need to study for weeks, or one of the paid classes is necessary?
All of them have computer experience (largely unix software testers), but
only some have been on the sys admin side.

I looked through the 30 sample questions online (
http://certification.comptia.org/getCertified/certifications/security.aspx)
and just missed 3 without knowing what kinds of things were really on it,
but I don't know if those questions are truly representational of the exam.

Anyway, I thought CLUE would be a good place to find someone who'd had to
take the exam. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Andrew Diederich
andrewdied at gmail.com