[clue] SMTP Question

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Mon Nov 3 19:01:08 MST 2014

Mike,

Are you using comcast's servers as your outbound MTA?

If you are a customer of Comcast then I expect you can use their outbound
mail servers.
Configure your mta to use smtp.comcast.net on port 587 (clear text) or 465
(TLS) as your outbound email server.
You'll need your comcast account username and password to authenticate to
it.
You'll probably also want to decorate your SPF with details letting the net
know that comcast is your relay.
Comcast will add DKIM to your message headers.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/
http://postmaster.comcast.net/outbound-mail-servers.html

Of course similar things can be done using google, hotmail, mxlogic, yahoo
and the rest.

I speak for myself
chris