[clue] load-balancing

Thu Oct 30 07:43:07 MDT 2014

I am looking for an intelligent load-balancer. It needs to understand proximity / preference. I want to be able to send all the clients from (these networks) to this node, unless it's down, or fully-loaded, or otherwise uninterested in new connections, then send them to this node, instead.

I don't mind if I have to setup the preference rules (which networks prefer which servers), but it would be cool if I didn't have to.

I'd *strongly* prefer a solution that doesn't generate vendor lock-in. ie: I don't mind paying for it, but I'd like to preserve the freedom to choose *who* to pay.

It would be really great if someone that has a lot of experience with HAProxy confidently said something like, "Oh yeah, it does all that. Just do this and this, and that, and it works great, lasts a long time, and you'll lose weight doing it."

Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
*killed my phone on Sunday. This space for rent.*
http://sofree.us

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.