[clue] Longmont Linux Users Group (LLUG) - Meeting announcement - Do you wanna build a server? - September 10th

Matt James matuse at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:26:51 MDT 2014

The next LLUG meeting will be Wednesday September 10th, 2014 at 7PM

After the distro wars, we came to the decision to have a bit of a
fly-off style comparison between CentOS and Debian in order to setup a
server for our group.  Basic tasks will be to setup a website, mailing
list, and maybe a few other things that sound interesting given the
allotted time.  We'll have a couple of PowerEdge servers on-hand and
we'll do a ground up build of each of the OS's and we'll have a couple
of laptops available if someone wants to play around with installing
on their own, work on another OS, etc.

Moving the time up an hour per discussions at last meeting.

Apologies for those looking for a meeting on the 3rd.  Business travel
prevented me from coordinating a meeting on the normally scheduled
first Wed of the month.

We'll be at the downtown Tinkermill location again this month.
519 4th Ave, Longmont, CO

Meetup link:
http://www.meetup.com/LongmontHackerSpace/events/205095962/

Hope to see you all there!

Matt James
303-949-7659

PS - Once we get this server up, I can quit playing piggy back on the
BLUG / CLUE / SFS mailing lists. Thanks for your patience!