[clue] File Permissions with Linux Mint 17 and LibreOffice 1.4.2.7

M Paul Webb m.paulwebb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:47:19 MDT 2015

I just made a PDF in LibreOffice. I was able to reload it and modify it,
but I had to change the file name to save the modified version. Then, I
opened it in Windows with PagePlus. I was able to modify and save with a
name change. Then, I opened in LibreOffice a 71 page PDF I just made for
the Copyright office with PagePlus, that was secured. I had to use a
password, according to the security features I had set, and the cover page
lost the graphic, and the specialized fonts I used were lost, but
substituted, though they were embedded. LibreOffice has PDF security
settings. So, you can use a PDF format and make changes between users  or
lock out modifications as you want.