[clue] [SFS] When was this server "born"?

Thu Aug 6 10:51:25 MDT 2015

I think the problem can be solved with a high degree of confidence by checking multiple things, looking for a tight grouping in a majority of the things, and then taking the minimum or average of the group.

* date of first entry in last: last | tail -n 1
* root filesystem create date: tune2fs (root-dev) | grep -i create
* mdate of system build config: stat /root/kickstart.ks
* mdate of system ssh keys: stat /etc/sshd/(some-key)
* mdate of mount entries directory: /etc/fstab.d/

Clones do screw it up, though. They screw up UUID's, too. What does "born on" or "unique" mean to a clone?

Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 UbuntuCP NovellCLA
Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
http://sofree.us

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.