[clue] cmdb's? (seeking advice)

Quentin Hartman qhartman at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:12:43 MST 2015

Getting money to oss projects is frequently a challenge in organizations
that don't have a way to handle donations. I've successfully gotten it done
in the past by presenting the cost of a legitimately comparable proprietary
solution alongside the oss solution with a "consulting / customization"
line item that represents somewhere between 10 and 50 percent of the cost
of the proprietary one. With all the other lines being zero, it ends up
being perceived as a bargain, and the cost falls into a category that
accounting knows how to deal with.

QH