[clue] CentOS new user experience.

Mon Dec 21 09:10:58 MST 2015

The website does suck, doesn't it? I'm so used to it, I don't even notice any more; I just click the things I always click. You have the benefit of a fresh perspective. It's too bad there's probably nobody from CentOS on this list. They'd love to have your detailed feedback. I know I would in my project, anyway.

Whatever. FWIW, I'll try to describe the ISO's.

"Everything" - Download this if (and only if) you are going to be doing serious work on CentOS *without* an Internet connection.
"DVD"        - This is the "medium", the "normal", the Big Mac (or Whopper) combo.
"Minimal"    - In Ubuntu-land, this is called "Server". This CD-sized image installs a basic non-GUI CentOS.

If you want a "medium" that weighs a lot less, and you have an idea which desktop environment you like, you could choose one of the Live disks.

Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu_CP SUSE_CLA
Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
http://sofree.us

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.