[clue] CentOS new user experience.

Tue Dec 22 05:30:36 MST 2015

Yay! I've found articles supporting both our beliefs!
Red Hat sells free software:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat
The Santa Clause:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Santa_Clause
:-)

-------- Original message --------
From: Chris Fedde <chris at fedde.us>
Date: 12/21/2015  10:02 PM  (GMT-07:00)
Subject: Re: [clue] CentOS new user experience.

I believe in Santa Clause.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 9:16 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
I believe everything RedHat makes, including RHEL, is free software (GPL).

Teacher, Engineer, Evangelist
RHCE+Satellite CCAH Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 Ubuntu_CP SUSE_CLA
Mobile 720-333-LANS(5267)
http://sofree.us

This is a good time for a r3VOLution.

Sustaining CentOS lets RH continue to have a strong GPL argument while retaining their market.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 4:46 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
Romero, Gary wrote:

> Yeah, this was silly hard to find (seriously, it took me a while since

> its really buried on a busy page): https://wiki.centos.org/Download

Thanks all.  Glad it's not just me.  I would have made my comment to CentOS but there wasn't and

obvious way to do that.  I considered filing a bug but that seemed to require an account and it

wasn't certain that the bug tracker covers the web site.

> It used to be that the DVD ISO button took you directly to the mirrors

> list where you could actually download the full ISO's. During a talk in

> Fort Lauderdale a while back, a RHEL sales rep mentioned that RH had not

> figured out exactly what they were going to do with CentOS other than to

> keep paying the devs to build it in the short term. Based on the state

> of the website, I'd guess that statement still stands.

So RH is paying the CentOS devs?  How bizarre.  I'm sure the devs are happy to take the money but

why would RH care?  I'd think CentOS would exist even if RH didn't fund it.

For information, account preferences, or to unsubscribe see: