[clue] question books (git/puppet?)

Chris Fedde chris at fedde.us
Fri Feb 6 16:31:20 MST 2015

Academic study of Computer Science seems to be either an abstract math
track or vocational training for the 80s job market.  Both have their place
but as a path to better IT Job skills they may not be the best use of time.

Self study is where it is at.  Don't be afraid to use internet search.  I
like duck duck go better than google for most technical topics. Google
results seem to be dominated by SEO loaders.  Search early search often and
give up on bad content quick.

All those tools you mention have good to great tutorials and introductions
available on youtube and elsewhere.

Codeschool https://www.codeschool.com/ has a pretty good git tutorial.
Their other content is pretty good too.

Puppet has it's own tutorials https://puppetlabs.com/download-learning-vm
Also David Wilson over at SFS http://www.sofree.us/ hosts good classes on
puppet.

As with all this stuff it's mostly a matter of digging in and making things
go.

Keep in a cool dry place
chris