[clue] Video recording [was Re: Talk tonight.]

Wed Feb 11 09:27:23 MST 2015

> David L. Willson wrote:
> > I'll offer a pizza or beverage sized reward for anyone that sends
> > me a video of tonight's
> > performance. I am sad to miss the show.
>
> Well, I didn't manage to make it.  Too much work that had to get
> done.
>
> What would we need to record a talk?
>
> The Debian crew seem to do a good job recording Debconf talks.  But
> they seem high end--multiple
> cameras and microphones.
>
> If you're thinking someone just uses their phone, do you have
> examples of how that turns out?
>
> Dave

I have done phone recordings of sessions for others. They seemed to turn out OK.

Speaking for myself, I enjoy podcasts, but for this, I would think a simple video would be better. A camcorder could be stationed somewhere that it has the whole "stage" in it's field of view, turned on while folks are gathering, and then turned off while they're scattering. That seems like it wouldn't cost much or take much effort, and I would be able to enjoy the show a little when I can't be there in person.