[clue] Video recording [was Re: Talk tonight.]

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Feb 11 09:42:50 MST 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-11 at 09:27 -0700, David L. Willson wrote:
> Speaking for myself, I enjoy podcasts, but for this, I would think a
> simple video would be better. A camcorder could be stationed somewhere
> that it has the whole "stage" in it's field of view, turned on while
> folks are gathering, and then turned off while they're scattering.
> That seems like it wouldn't cost much or take much effort, and I would
> be able to enjoy the show a little when I can't be there in person.

You could try using Jitsi (jitsi.org).  We used it at my last job for
multiple users to video conference using a closed server (i.e. we ran
our own Jitsi server at work).  It's free and has Debian/Ubuntu packages
(we ran it on CentOS, I think, or maybe Fedora).

Seems a good way for people to interact who aren't close enough to
attend meetings.  Maybe even bring in remote speakers via web
conferencing.

Just a thought.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org>