[clue] File Permissions with Linux Mint 17 and LibreOffice 1.4.2.7

Charles W Downing chuckdowning at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 30 16:07:15 MDT 2015

Gang,

I have been a "clue" for about 15 years.  I am on a Board made up of Mac
and Windows users.  I need to share files with all of them.  However,
when I save a LibreOffice Writer or Calc file as docx or xslx, a couple
of them cannot open it.  One of them claims to have Windows 8.x, while
the other has a Mac laptop.

I have spent the better part of today trying various options to save a
file from Calc because of various "default" permissions settings using
umask and other things, as suggested from Google searchs. Nothing seems
to work.

My problem seems to be that I sometimes forget to change the permissions
of a file before I attach it to an e-mail.  Even then, this week, the
Mac user has been unable to open a spreadsheet, possibly because her
program has some default setting.

Help!

Thanks,

--