[clue] officially stumped - apache-tomcat-7.0.64

Mike Bean beandaemon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 09:51:32 MDT 2015

Hi!   We have an application server running on apache-tomcat-7.0.64 on
debian 6.0.3.

It's a proprietary thing, so I don't expect many cluebies will have much
advice when it comes to the application, but for some reason which remains
a mystery to me.   The webserver itself started throwing 404's approx 1130
on friday and hasn't stopped since.  My attempts to search for supporting
documentation have only turned up relatively complex questions regarding
the interplay between tomcat/catalina/java.    At least in terms of
catalina/tomcat, I'll be honest, I'm not sure where one stops and the other
starts.   I haven't found any error logs in catalina.home, and I haven't
found any corresponding events in syslog or /var/log/messages.

My question for the group:  Any reliable information, sites anyone's
familiar with in terms of troubleshooting non-descriptive 404 errors that
folks feel comfortable recommending?

Mike B