[clue] officially stumped - apache-tomcat-7.0.64

Gary Romero garheade at romerotools.net
Mon Oct 5 10:41:08 MDT 2015

On Monday, October 05, 2015 09:51:32 AM Mike Bean wrote:
>  My attempts to search for supporting
> documentation have only turned up relatively complex questions
regarding
> the interplay between tomcat/catalina/java.    At least in terms of
> catalina/tomcat, I'll be honest, I'm not sure where one stops and the other
> starts.   I haven't found any error logs in catalina.home, and I haven't
> found any corresponding events in syslog or /var/log/messages.

You wouldn't happen to be running JBOSS with it, are you?

Back in a previous job, they were using JBOSS on top of Tomcat. JBOSS loved
to seize itself into fits and it was hard to pinpoint because it would serve
some pages/portions of the app but 404 on the rest. Restarting JBOSS daily
removed the problem but that was the vendors solution and we never got to
find out what the actual problem was. Unfortunately, I never found any
decent sources of information on diagnosing the issue from the sysadmin
side but I'd love to hear if you come across anything.

Thanks,
Gar